Has anyone here been left by husband and somehow got back together?

If you have been left by husband or boyfriend and then he came back to you, how do it happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• Are you asking ause your husband or boyfriend left you and you want him back or because you're in that situation?

Here's the thing, if he left once what's to stop him from leaving again? Do you know why he left in the first place? Have you worked through those issues? Has he?

Chances are once he's gone IF he's coming back it won't be for long
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I agree with Kristi. The problem is, well, there is a problem to begin with. What is that problem? If it's a problem of his... unhappy, boredom, cheating, loser?? Then you really can't change that, and I doubt it's going to happen that he suddenly wakes up one day and becomes a better person. It doesn't work that way. I am sorry, because I know you are looking for a bright idea, story or wish that this will happen. What you have to realize is that it's really NOT YOUR problem, it's his. You need to believe in yourself. That you deserve better than a man who changes his mind.... right??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• my ex tries to come back to me all the time. this ship has sailed! obviously he's an ex for a reason, have enough respect for yourself to stay away from him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Says unhappy but doesnt know why
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• So he hasn't actually "left" as in filed for divorce, issue a break up etc. He just went and stayed at a hotel or a friend's house for a night or two.
    Good gracious get some counseling.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• In these situations where one partner says they are unhappy but doesn't know why, I think its best for the other partner to encourage them to get counseling, and be there if they want to talk, etc but to go on with the rest of your life as normal and not buy into their personal drama. You can't fix why he is unhappy, he can't even name the reason. Tell him you love him, if you do, and you want him happy. You want him to go to counseling to figure out the issue, and youre willing to address whatever it is, but then focus on your normal life activities. Let him take charge of his unhappiness and deal with it. He has the final say....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• My husband and I broke up after 7 years for a year and then got back together. That was 8 years ago. Our relationship is so much better now. We learned to listen to each other and to love each other.
    ftccoloradomom

Answer by ftccoloradomom at 4:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you? You deserve to be happy, loved and respect.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Not me but my oldest brother and his wife were separated for over 20 years and have been back together for the last 5 years. They said they got old and could tolerate each other. I am sure its more to it, but if its making them happy I am happy they are back together again....finally!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• If he's not man enough to stick by you in hard times, he's not a man who deserves you. Period.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2013