Idiots and Religion...

Is anyone a fan of the Idiot's Guides besides me??

Have you read any? Which ones do you recommend? I love ALL religions although I am NOT Christian I am even going to read those...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You love all religion?

If so you must not be of any faith... just interested in the subject right? Because it would go against a lot of religions beliefs to study other religions...

Sorry! I'm at a loss at your actual question, but that statement is a big one, haha.
    Anonymous

• The Idiots Guide to---
    Wicca and Witchcraft <--This is the one I'm reading now... (my first) I LOVE IT!!!
    Paganism
    Vampires
    Spells and Spelcraft
    World Religion

The list goes on...
    http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Browse/BrowseStdPage/0,,265293_1_PubDate_text_PS0,00.html

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I love religion too... Anon... I'm Pagan, it isn't against any of my beliefs to study other religions... Knowledge is the only way to End Religious Intollerance!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I love a lot of religions as well. I have never read any of them though.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Anon 609
    I love to read about different religions and I don't follow one specific one. Being open minded about different ideas doesn't hurt and is not a bad thing. You must be naive to think a person is not spiritual or anything because they love to read and discuss different religions.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Because it would go against a lot of religions beliefs to study other religions...

Actually, the only religions I can think of that has issues with learning about other religions are Judaism and Christianity. And it's not that it's against their belief to study other religions (some may think it, though) the truth is people were always so afraid that they'd break a law of God if they spent too much time with other people, so they developed a habit of isolationism. They're the original xenophobes. There is nothing in the bible, old testament or new, that forbids learning about other religions or people, it's the practice of them that's against the rules.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Anon- not to be rude but...
    So you know just because you love to learn about religion doesnt mean you are going against your own religion. It just means you are open-minded and like to educate yourself on the world and the people in it. I feel many more people should be more open to do that. And it would open your eyes to many more things out there.

I read ones on Islam,Christianity and Judism. They are all good. They go into facts and details. Good way of learning something new!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Knowledge is the only way to End Religious Intollerance!!!

Well said!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ok I have the Idiots guide to Paganism, Tarot and I want the one on Christianity and Judism and Islam. Yea I am going to have those yellow books all across my house. Love em
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Wait theres one on World Religion too? Would I find that in the history section or where?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009