Why am I so nervous around men?

I feel pretty ridiculous with how I feel around men, any man it seems.. I get nervous, I blush, stutter, don't feel comfortable around them. It doesn't even matter if I look at them just as an everyday, unattractive man - it still happens!

One of my best friends is a male, and it happens then too. Drinking helps, I could be more myself & less nervous.. but I really want to shake this off, it gets really bad ESPECIALLY at work!

I'm married & I love my husband.. I'm not interested in any other guys, this is so stupid! Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm seriously not trying to be mean. I think, though, that maybe this issue is something you'd be better off taking up with a counselor instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet. There's no way for someone who isn't skilled in these things to know what's underlying your feelings. Maybe you had a bad experience with a man? Maybe you were raised to feel, wrongly, that men are superior or that you have to act a certain way, or be attractive in a certain way, that you don't believe you are? Maybe it's something to deal with your dad? Maybe it's a self-esteem thing? You'll probably be happier and more comfortable in your life if you resolve the problem because unless you become a nun, which you can't do and be married, you'll have to deal with men on a very regular basis. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• How did you even get to marriage if you have this anxiety around men?

Answer by louise2 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I feel extremely comfortable with my husband, I have from the beginning. Also, it wasn't so bad when I was younger.. it has gotten so much worse!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Thanks, Ballad.. I needed to hear that. I've been putting off seeing someone to talk to for a long time now, I'm fed up with my behavior and need to find where it stems from!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I agree with Ballad. Call 211 they can direct you to a theriapist. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I also agree with the above! Ballad has great advice. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Picture them with vaginas??
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Maybe because your an attention seeking ho?
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 3:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Well that was a stupid answer, wish we could pick those with best answers too lol. Way to go, dumbass.. you get the award.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2013