How often do you want to up & run away?

with the kids of course. I'm having a very bad day & bleak future. Finances are dwindling & it's getting very bad. Time to sell assets & maybe move. DH has his own business & it's failing. I'm going anon because I am so embarrassed. Where do I start to look for a new job for him? I have a little one & can't afford daycare. More of a vent than a question. I have no one else to vent to except you ladies. My Mom just cried on the phone about it this morning & I can't burden her with it any more. My other child is coming home from school shortly & I need to get a hold & put on a happy face. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

• we've been that bad, we sold every oz of jewelry that was worth anything, ate soup A LOT and other things that went a LONG way. We cut out cable, downgraded internet to the bare minimum, sold cars and were down to one - his company car. We used more blankets in the winter. Kept the pool closed a summer or two. We did not use the air no matter how hot it got for a year. We had yardsale after yardsale.

I kept children before and after school, hung our clothes to dry even inside if it was windy or colder out. COUPONS were a major factor in things I bought and we did not eat out.

You gotta do what you gotta do and there are ways to cut back even when you think there is nothing more you can do.

Sorry you are going through this
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Your husband needs to look for a job. He needs to figure out what he's qualified to do. I wish I had more advice to give you. It's probably cold comfort, but there's an old cliche saying, all's well that ends well. I recently heard the second part of it, which is that if it's not well, then it's not the end. Try to hang in there. *Hugs.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I really cant say that do. Can you get a job at like McDonalds etc that cater to parents wih kids in school needs?
    Maybe you could care for other hildren n your home.
    I don't know anything about your hubby or his job or job skills. All you can do is help him to look a the finances and the alternatives.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Your DH needs to look for a new job for himself. You are not him mother. You might need to find a job you can work when your DH is at home. I heard a lot of parents work like that so they do not have to pay daycare.

Answer by louise2 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• My mind crosses over the thought more than I actually WANT to. I don't want my son to grow up without me so no way would I ever do it. Sometimes it just sounds like the easiest solution in the moment, but it's not.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• He can work during the day and you can work at night. You should already be on welfare if he isn't bringing in money.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Have him put his resume on Monster.com or maybe even look on your states workforce commission site. I know it is hard... I am right there with you! I feel like a lot of things have been just falling apart here lately and I don't know up from down anymore. I hope things start looking up for you all!! I wish you the best!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2013