My babies are sick! I am sick! What do I do?

Please say nothing. Sit on my sick butt and do nothing!

Anyways in reality my feet are aching my nodes are swollen and my nose is acting a fool.

Remedies? ( breastfeeding)

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• I use the humidifier all winter long and it seems to give my kids more relief than anything. I put my 3yo in a really steamy bathroom with a vapor bath (that eucalyptus scent for babies one). She loves the bubbles and I think it helped clear her runny nose. Ummm. Chicken soup and general laziness are my other suggestions. Feel better soon!

Oh and I got the 13yo a neti pot and that really helped her sinuses out. Drug free, can't beat it!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I breastfeed babies twenty years ago, so I dont dare give medical advice now... its probably changed. But hang in there... I do know running a vaporizer, etc will help. Dry air just makes all the nasal problems worse. Hopefully other mamas will have some good advice...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I have a friend who turns the shower on hot, waits until it gets a little steamy and then breastfeeds her son in there when they are sick. He seems to eat a lot better that way and she feels better too. I don't know how to handle it with a baby and an older toddler/preschooler... maybe let her play in there with you? My husband jokes that when we're all sick, I should just turn on the TV, throw a bunch of pillows and blankets on the floor for us to lay on, and leave out a box of cheerios and goldfish crackers for kiddo to munch on at will... and sometimes that is not too far from reality. Hope you all feel better soon.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Sit on your sick butt and do nothing! *Smile.*

Seriously, feel better. Do only what you absolutely have to do. Let the house go to heck in a handbasket. Order pizza for dinner. Just concentrate on you and your babies feeling better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Hope you feel better. I should have said that before, I know how it is to be sick, I'm still battling this resp infection. Good luck with the babies.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I feel your pain...I was like that for a week a few weeks ago. I'm wasn't breastfeeding though, so I stayed doped up on ibuprofen. I also use a nasal saline solution spray religiously, it helps and I'm sure it's safe for you to use. Hope you feel better soon.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Oh sweetie so sorry, but keep an eye on that baby! Can you go into the bathroom and run a hot shower, or even boil some water on the stove and breathe the steam?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I was a breast feeder and feel your aches. This is where my mom's remedies came in handy as she was a breast feeder too. Get ya some of this tea http://www.yanabahtea.com/ ---- it works WONDERS! And also a teaspoon of honey mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon mixed with hot tea will do good for cough, without the hot tea it soothes the sore throat. Hope you feel better soon!
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I think they should take away the anonymous option, its getting ridiculous. just IMO
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 3:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• The steamy showers are a good idea, put Vicks on YOURSELF so that baby can breathe it while breastfeeding but just be careful not to let her rub the vicks and then her eyes *ouch*! Hopefully you are drinking LOTS and lots of water (i always got SO thirsty while BFing) so that should help both of you feel better faster. Um, the humidifier is always a good idea, and just lots of kleenex I guess :-/ I hope you all three get to feeling better fast, maybe some extra naps are needed, for all of you, not just the baby ;-)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2013