Am I sitting to much??

I'm just over 8 weeks pregnant and have awful morning sickness!! My energy level is also way way down. I'm not complaining - SUPER excited to be having this baby, but this afternoon I just broke down and cried because I feel so bad. Before I became preggo I'd work out usually 1 - 2 hrs a day, but now I feel like I just CAN'T get myself to do anything but sit (or lay) on the couch. I'm also not hungry at ALL so not like I'm constantly pigging out (although I do try to eat little bits of food throughout the day since they say that helps). Having said all that - should I be concerned I'm not working out right now? I miss it like crazy but right now feel like it's impossible to do that. I found out yesterday that I've gained 5 lbs since I got preggo (along with drinking tons of water before weighing, and being very constipated). Should I be concerned? Do people really just lay around in the first trimester??

javagirl531

Asked by javagirl531 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You didn't elaborate the workout routine. Just walk around the block and increase it as you feel better. Walking is benecial and builds needed endurance come labor time. Exercise is always good as long as it's not endangering the baby. Once you get past the 1st trimester the morning sickness goes away, well most of the time.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Just hang in there. Your morning sickness should pass by the end of the first trimester. I know that seems like an eternity, but you'll get there. Gaining weight is fine, drinking water is great, and not working out till you get your energy back and the nausea goes away is perfectly okay. Congratulations!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• You shouldn't worry at this point. By the way, 5lbs when you are constipated and full of water very well could be a -5 if you weigh 1st thing in the morning after you finally poop.

Pears help a ton with constipation - especially if you have a juicer... or just make a pear smoothie! Apple juice, a died pear, and ice. Sip on this slowly (don't chug or it could aggravate the nausea).
    Also, if you aren't terribly ill, going for a walk can help you frame of mind. Just getting your blood flowing can help wonders! 5-10minutes around the block. Barf in the bushes if it comes up! No need to power walk, just get out for a stroll and some fresh air! Or sit outside for a bit and soak up some sunshine and vitamin D!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• This must be your first pregnancy? Being tired, sleeping all the time. Feeling nauseated or pucky all the time. I normal for this time of pregnancy.

Answer by louise2 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Normal, just listen to what your body says. You also increase your blood volume by 3X when you are pregnant so much of the weight is probably fluid weight. GL! Relax now while you can!!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2013