For sahm, do you think it's lazy to cook stuff like hamburger helper or something out of the freezer section?

I was talking to a mom at the park the other day and she seemed suprised that I would make a meal that wasn't completely homemade. My dh loves hamburger helper and I never saw a problem making something that was "precooked".

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do it sometimes. Some days are still so busy with a baby at home and cleaning etc. My dh understands and doesn't care
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 7:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't think it is lazy at all, especially if dh loves it.
    cindie_1974

Answer by cindie_1974 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i dont htink it is!! some days there is so much going on you dont have time to spend 8 hours on dinner! my DH loves hamburger helper too, he always requests it for dinner lol.some moms just think it makes them better that they do it all the time, but i dont think it does. i do whats easiest for me!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nope....I do it every so often. After taking care of 4 kids under 5 for 12 hours, Hamburger helper is a much needed relief.
    Anonymous

• I use stuff that is precooked sometimes, it is not feasible (at least not for me anyways) to make a meal completely from scratch everyday. I have a lot of other things that need to get done, and I don't always have time to squeeze that in.
    Don't feel bad, especially if he likes it.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• This brings me back to my beef that SAHM are maids, personal chefs and so on. I stay home with my kids, 3 of them, and the day is quite busy. I'd much rather keep myself busy with them than cook and clean my day away. I do love to cook though and will still rely on some easy meals.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Every now and then I bung a pre-made pizza or quiche in the oven instead of making it fresh - not often because I love cooking, but if I'm busy and feeling lazy then I do.

I'm not in the US so i'm not familiar with the brand you named, but there is nothing wrong woth making a quick pre-made meal every now and then. But - as they are usually loaded with additives and preservatives - it's definitely not a healthy thing to be doing regularly.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Not if it's every once in a while. That stuff is not very good for you though so doing it often is not great. It's worse when you do fast food too often.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i dont think thats lazy, being a sahm is a full time job, you never get a day off and I do fix things that are frozen sometimes because between picking up toys, potty training, cleaning, etc. who has time to always make something homemade?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• why should a SAHM not be able to make "quick" meals, but a working mom can? I don't think it's lazy.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 7:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009