Yogurt for Baby?

Hey! I recently bought my 6 month old Gerber Yogurt Blends and she loves it! However, I heard it can be bad for her..like too much sugar or something. My daughter has always been a heavy eater; she loves her some food lol. She can eat a whole container of these in one sitting. I planned to just give her one a day, but now I am second guessing because I don't know if that's too much sugar for her?

Any experience or advice would be great! :-)

Myanas_Mommy08

Asked by Myanas_Mommy08 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is a personal choice. I personally gave my DD vanilla whole milk yogurt forma tub mixed in her infant oatmeal (and later regular plain oatmeal) every morning until she was like, 18 months old.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I'd just compare all the baby yogurt brands and just choose whatever brand has the least amount of sugar VS offering protein & fiber.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Just get her regular old yogurt without all the sugar. It's very healthy for her, and the fruit in it is plenty sweet
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Personal choice. I fed my first born yogurt alot. He LOVED it lol

The next two would spit it out so fast. But then DD fell in love the Gerber yogurt. Dh would feed it to her. That was a ritual between the two of them.

I don't see anything wrong with it. GL mama.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I would just get regular yougurt and add some puree fruit to it, naturally sweetened
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• regular yogurt is fine- just not TOO old.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Regular plain full fat yogurt is much healthier.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• honestly I didn't give my son yogurt until he was much older. as the texture and the cultures didn't seem to work for him. I do recommend not giving all of it because of the sugar content.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Use plain and add your own ffruit
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2014