Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am applying for citizenship, but i have to get information about my husband previous marriage. my husband lost all the certificates . where can i get this information.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

Answers (8)
  • County courts,his lawyers.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 8:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • So basically what you are saying is that you are not legally Married because he is married to someone else?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • County court records. Do you know what county you were married in? That he was married in? That he obtained his previous divorce in (assuming he actually divorced).

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • the place where he got married, the State keeps all of those records on file, so for example if he got married in FL, you go to the county clerks office and they have a copy.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • Where was he married? The marriage license would be registered in that county courthouse.
    Where did he get divorced?
    The records will be in that county courthouse.
    It would be best if he requests them himself.

    Answer by Dardenella at 9:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • You can try going back to all the places everything took place. Marriage certificate? city hall or county courthouse, where originally license was filed. birth certificates? city hall where originally was picked up, not sure, you can always call the hospital. Social Security? social security administration office.

    Answer by ymilr0718 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • KristiS11384

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

  • Ask him where he was married at.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.