Bump if you would be interested in a "kid friendly"cooking show?

Where there are nothing but recipe ideas for making kid friendly meals that are quick, healthy and that kids will choose over frozen food dinners and fast food? Would anyone be interested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Kids' Health

• They have one, on sprout.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Hmmm since when do children choose fast food? They get in the car, drive themselves to the drive thru and pay with their own money?
    I was never given a choice. My mother cooked and I ate it.
    Kids eat what is put in front of them. If adults eat junk, kids eat junk.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Not everyone has cable and some kids ask for fast food. Jeeze what a couple of Debbie Downers. Is everyone getting their period?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Yes, I have thought about trying out for the Next Food Network Star with this idea! KIds (most) just won't eat food with mushrooms, visible onion, so on! I think making something like salmon kid friendly would be great!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Ok yes kids ask for fast food, how hard is it for a parent to say no? I say no all the time, it truly isn't difficult unless you're raising entitled brats. I cook almost every meal at home, with my kids help. It all starts at home, but unfortunately a lot of parents put ease in front of nutrition. Yes a show like that would be cool.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• My kids eat healthy all the time, but sometimes I run out of ideas on what to make them because I know they get tired of the same old mac and cheese, spaghetti and so forth. So I'd like to look for recipes that are easy, healthy and delicious for kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I think whatAnon meant was that she wants recipes kids will prefer over fast food. Good luck with that! I didn't know there was a show on Srout, but I'd definitely b interested in recipes kids like. I find myself running out of ideas at times.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• what is a kid friendly meal?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• sounds fun, but my kids already eat whats put in front of them. this isnt a problem i have, but im always interested in new recipes.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• There's a programme like that here. A chef turns up at a house where there are kids. He checks out the fridge to get an idea of what they like. There is a nutritionist who gives his opinion on their eating habits and how healthy they are (or not).

Then the parents get banned for the afternoon and the kids and the chef go shopping. This is where the kids find out a lot about how to choose food, what to look for, what to avoid, etc.

Once they get back home, the chef helps the kids put together an original, balanced meal that will suit everybody's taste and they all sit down to eat (and yes, you get the nutritionist explaining the choices).

It's pretty interesting - me and my daughters enjoy watching it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2013