I need a new cell phone...suggestions??

I'm not currently in a contract, but I've been with AT&T since..'97?
..if that matters. Kind of a dingaling where gadgets are concerned.
I don't want to spend $100s, though.
Any suggestions?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Shopping

• I have a Nokia Lumia and LOVE it!!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• What do you need it FOR.....as in apps, basic cell service? texting? What? Cause if you don't really need a smartphone with all the bells and whistles I sa just go with a burner from wall-world and buy the cards for it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Not the galaxy it freezes up. My aunt and friend has the same problem and we all have different carriers. I can't wait until my contract is up. I'm not sure what's good out there just wanted to say don't get the galaxy lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• If you've had your phone for three years you should be able to get whatever you want pretty cheap if you are willing to enter a contract. I am a motorola droid user. I've had one version or another for the last four years and have been very happy. The screen is nice and big. I love that!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• texting, calls..
    I need it for internet, too. Not so much apps. I've used my 3yo motorola for camera, too,
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Good tip, skinny!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Anonymous

• I have att &t and just today got the i phone 4 for $10, because I was a long term customer, I ran in there when my phone stopped working, but it ended up that the sevrvice was down nationwide, my phone was like a dinosaur anyway, and I upgraded to day, plus save 10 bucks a month on my bill!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I've an iPhone. I have used them since the original came out. I love it. However, FYI something that I found out the hard way.... the white iPhone 4 has an issue with the sensor. Because it's white it reflects somehow. It kept muting me, hanging up on me, even putting me on three way call. I hated it. I went back to the iPhone 3. I think I will try the iPhone 5 in June.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I have an iPhone 4S and love it! But for a cheaper option my kids have the htc one v with the virgin mobile pay as you go plan (300 mins, unlimited texting and data $35/month)

Answer by missanc at 10:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2013