Looking for a job... Any ideas where to look?

I have a high school diploma. No college experience. Does anyone know any good jobs I can apply for? That pays anywhere between 10-15hourly. Also a job that requires little or no experience.

I'm in dallas tx. If that helps any.
Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Money & Work

• Hmm, detention or prison guard, Costco pays at least $12 an hour minimum. You could do a short term training such as CNA and make anywhere from $10-$15 an hour depending on your area. To be honest though, there are college graduates who are working for minimum wage. Your best bet is to just apply anywhere and everywhere and try to work your way up the ladder or learn a trade/skill.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I agree with JeremysMom!

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Job center, unemployment center, temp agencies, newspaper, online job searches, and any and every business you frequent, plus the places you pass on the way to all the other places you go looking.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• What do you know how to do? What are you passionate about? Could you wait tables and take some college classes? Some waitresses make decent money with tips, although they work their poor tushes off doing it. Like JeremysMom said, with the times as tough as they are, take what you can get and work your way up. Consider furthering your education, at least then you'll have the hope of doing something you enjoy in the future instead of plodding along at a dead-end job just to pay the bills. You'll be lucky to find a job with just a high school diploma, and triple lucky to find one that pays what you want. I haven't seen $15 an hour as a self-employed person for the last three years, although I used to average about that before the economy went in the toilet. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• When I was waiting tables I made $10-15/hr. After waiting for a year, they offered me management training. After I finished that I was making in the low 40s/year. I have a college degree, but it wasn't required.

Answer by missanc at 5:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You ought to be able to find something decent in Texas. Check the city, state, county, government listings for exams - entry level clerk, for example.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• several in my family have had good luck finding jobs through www.indeed.com
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Go to workforce and apply for state and federal jobs.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• you guys are awesome. thanks!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I work from home; I think anyone can do it if you can follow directions; it's all online work. This is for more of if you do not want to do parties or sell products; so it's more of an opportunity rather than a business.

http://4606748.dailydollardash.com
    WorkAtHomeMom10

Answer by WorkAtHomeMom10 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2013