How Many Weeks Do You Have To Wait To Take Home Pregnancy Tests?

Me and my husband are trying have our second baby our first she is 22 months and now we just did our first try on Thursday Jan.3rd now if our first did work I would be 3 weeks and my mother tells me that I got to wait til I'm like 4 - 5 weeks to take home pregnancy tests but then it's been 18 years since shes been pregnant so is my mother right 4 - 5 weeks if she is wrong then how many weeks do I have to wait until I can take them?

SB_1990

Asked by SB_1990 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm still trying to figure that out myself. With my first I took a test because I started spotting when I was suppose to have my period and I got a positive. With my second I took it a few days before my period was due it was positive. I am now a week late, took a test today and I'm not sure if it was positive or negative. The positive line showed but then disappeared after a minute or so. So no clue. But I'm told and have read that the day of your missed period and if negative wait a week to re-test.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Tests now can be taken as soon as you are late with your period. If the test is negative, wait a week to ten days and take another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You have to wait until your period is actually late. You've got about a week to go.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2013