I haven't heard from my husband since 11:30.

I was texting my husband, and he told he was coming home around 10:30. That at 11:30 he text me him and his friends for pulled over. His friend has been taking him to work, while his is in the shop. His friend happens to be a huge pot head!!! So, I called him just now, his phone went to voicemail. I'm thinking he's in jail? Can they arrest him? He has no warrants! Also how can I find out if he's been arrested?!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• Technically yes, he can be arrested and be put in jail until he sees the judge in the morning to set bail. If you dh was in the passenger seat and wasn't smoking, and his buddy wasn't smoking, and he got pulled over for speeding or whatever, the cop may have smelled the pot and asked consent to search, and many do give consent. If your dh told the cop he had know idea his buddy had pot, your dh may be at the station. But given its been this long, and no call, I am willing to bet your dh was arrested.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• If he did get arrested, Im so upset. Why didnt he call me to tell me? Be text was got pulled over, but couldn't make a 5 second call he was going to jail! :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I'm not making any sense. Sorry. I have so much on my mind. So worried about him, and upset at the same time that he couldn't call his wife for god sakes!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• AND Anything ???????????????????????
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I would call the police and at report him missing.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• He may have gotten the text out but he will have been handcuffed , hard to text or call. Then he would have been processed and his items logged in. He would not have been able to make a call. Call the police station and find out if he is there.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• IS he home yet?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• maybe he could not text because he was being arrested
    police could very well, have had him handcuffed
    hard to text in this situation
    and doubt police let him make a call until he was processed

it could have taken a while

sure you heard form him now - so what happened?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• i hope that you have heard from your husband and that everything is ok
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You can call the jail and ask if he's been arrested. If you can't find the number for the jail, call the police department or county sheriff (whoever runs it) and they'll be able to give them the number. Just tell them your name and that you need to know if your husband, so and so, has been arrested.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2013