My 13 month old son poops 4-5 times a day. Is it normal? Though the consistency of all the poops seems normal to me. Neither does he seems to be fussy or irritated. But the count do bother me. His weight, though on the lower side but is in normal range.

Asked by newmommy121211 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He may just be a pooper, my dd poops about four times a day. :)

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Is he breastfed?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• no he is not breastfed. Instead I have started giving him normal full cream milk

Comment by newmommy121211 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• It is actually healthy even as adults to poop after every meal.....however, full cream may be a lot for him to handle.....

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• That is the way it is suppose to be. Eat. Poop. Our digestive systems are so screwed up from bad food and not enough exercise that we forget.

Answer by booklover545 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I think booklover is correct, sounds like he is eating pretty healthy, I wouldn't worry !

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I poop after every meal. In with the new, out with the old! It's they way our digestive system is supposed to work.

A note on the full cream milk - unless you are trying to raise a baby cow, there is no need for full cream milk. He is a 20lb baby human with far less caloric needs than a 150lb baby cow. Just think about that before you buy your next gallon of milk

Answer by daylily888 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2013