My hair is naturally a medium reddish brown. I dye it at home to cover the grey but when I dye it the roots are almost a plum red color & the rest is almost black. How can I get it to just be a reddish brown without a two tone color disaster?

kheadrick

Asked by kheadrick at 12:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a salon and get it done by a professional
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• call the number on the back of the box, you should only be doing your roots, as Kristi said to fix it you need a salon!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• what Kristi said.
    Box color #1) isn't good for your hair. #2 your roots are red because they grey doesn't have the pigment in it that the rest of the hair does (hence the reason it's grey) #3 - just go to a salon or invest in some professional hair color and learn to use it right
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Stop using a red tone. Go for an ash tone,and go down a shade. The companies have started making their colors come out darker for some reason. When I use a medium blond,it comes out dark blond on me
    Nice and Easy is the most natural,I've noticed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Red is the hardest color to take to your hair, and the hardest to remove. Stop using reds and balance out your color with a very light brown.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You need to do the roots first, wait a specified period of time (instructions should be included in the box), then work the color into the ends and leave a short period of time. There is no quick fix for this, salon would help but they probably would have to go darker and blend in.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Don't use the box color from the grocery store - go to a beauty supply store and buy the color/toner/developer separately. Only do the roots with the color and the toner - use one of those brushes. I have been doing it for months and after trial and error, I've found the right combo.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• no idea but heres a bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2013