Potty training at 17 months

Ok so my oldest was potty trained by 19months. My middle was potty trained by 21 months old. I did however introduce them early on with the potty thing and always allowed them too see me on the potty. My now 17 month old pooped on the potty the first time at 11 months old she has pooped a handful of times on the potty and peed on the potty more than I can count. She has always hated dirty diapers, one of the reasons I started was cause she takes her dirty diapers off now and throws them away or poops on my floor after taking her diaper off I tried everything to keep her diaper on. So anyway

Yesterday I ran to my mom's for a sec then the library at the library she smelled like she pooped but didnt. After there I went to giant eagle and again she smelled like she pooped but didnt but she was wanting down well we get in the car and she was fussy all the way home so I tell my husband I wonder if she has to poop but not wanting to go in her diaper so we get home I ask her if she has to go potty she runs to the stairs her exact words "I do" lol. Thought that was funny. Then I put her on the potty she peed and pooped I get her off but she obviously wasn't done she wanted back on so I out her back on she finished going. I couldn't believe she held it until we got home so guess who is in the process of potty training now. I have done it here and there but now we are really training.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is so true. My sister has a son she and her boyfriend has never allowed him in the bathroom with them and he is the only child he is a almost 5 and still not potty trained.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• YAY! It's so nice to get them out of diapers! It true that exposure to the act of going potty works very well... for all you who may not agree, think about the baby who is always crawling in the bathroom after her siblings who leave the door open. They usually potty train much faster than a first that you never bring in the bathroom with you
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2013