I have no idea what to do about this adult content

My thirteen year old son has just been caught watching obscenely violent gay pornography. I am concerned that he would be watching this, because in the video there was a man being whipped and stuck with a large baton. My son goes to Sunday school and knows that we don't approve of this kind of behavior. He has never done anything like this before, I am not sure how I should approach him about this incident. He does not know that I saw him. Should I wait until my husband gets home? Or should I whip him myself?

Please help!!

TheBarb2000

Asked by TheBarb2000 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• So....he's watching a video of a violent whipping and your solution is to....whip him?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Whip him?? NO! WTH?? Maybe he was just curious to see something that he came across on the Internet. How about an INTERNET FILTER program??? I'd say that "I saw what you were watching on the Internet & it's NOT appropriate. So no more of that. OK"? That's it! Then get a blocker program installed.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I think whipping him is really disturbing. He can come and live in my house! Honestly kids are curious, put some parent controls on your computer, most likely your husband left it open! Is this for real?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• First I would not over react, a lot of times it is just curiousity. Talk to your husband and approach your son calmly and explain to him what you saw. Allow your son the opportunity to talk to you about the situation because he may just have questions. Most times if the situation is approached calmly you can resolve the matter easily.
    kheadrick

Answer by kheadrick at 12:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I have to agree with the other ladies.

He watched porn where men were "being whipped and stuck with a large baton." and you think whipping him is the answer??

Um no. Talk to him.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Thank God, Im pretty sure this is a troll, and Id be deeply concerned you are raising a child.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Way to cave into his fantasies, wonder if he has a mommy issue as well.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• so what do you not approve of? It being gay porn or violent porn?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• So you want to teach that violence is wrong by using violence? Oh, and you want to teach him those things aren't appropriate, yet if it's something he enjoys, you'll simply be reinforcing that it feels good.

Look, I'm all for spanking - when it's appropriate. And I'm all for expressing to him that you feel this type of sexual activity (or porn in general) is wrong. But "whipping" him isn't going to do anything constructive.

Instead, take some responsibility as a parent and put some parental controls on the computer so he can't access it, and explain why you have issues with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2013