I have no idea what to do about this adult content

My thirteen year old son has just been caught watching obscenely violent gay pornography. I am concerned that he would be watching this, because in the video there was a man being whipped and stuck with a large baton. My son goes to Sunday school and knows that we don't approve of this kind of behavior. He has never done anything like this before, I am not sure how I should approach him about this incident. He does not know that I saw him. Should I wait until my husband gets home? Or should I whip him myself?

Please help!!

TheBarb2000

Asked by TheBarb2000 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• So....he's watching a video of a violent whipping and your solution is to....whip him?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Whip him?? NO! WTH?? Maybe he was just curious to see something that he came across on the Internet. How about an INTERNET FILTER program??? I'd say that "I saw what you were watching on the Internet & it's NOT appropriate. So no more of that. OK"? That's it! Then get a blocker program installed.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Thank God, Im pretty sure this is a troll, and Id be deeply concerned you are raising a child.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Wait a minute, you saw your son watching violent gay porn and YOU DIDN'T STOP HIM?! Forget whipping him, someone should whip you! Why on earth would you just creep away and not handle the situation then and there? Yes, by all means wait until his father gets home. Then a real adult can handle this.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I think whipping him is really disturbing. He can come and live in my house! Honestly kids are curious, put some parent controls on your computer, most likely your husband left it open! Is this for real?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I have to agree with the other ladies.

He watched porn where men were "being whipped and stuck with a large baton." and you think whipping him is the answer??

Um no. Talk to him.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• So you want to teach that violence is wrong by using violence? Oh, and you want to teach him those things aren't appropriate, yet if it's something he enjoys, you'll simply be reinforcing that it feels good.

Look, I'm all for spanking - when it's appropriate. And I'm all for expressing to him that you feel this type of sexual activity (or porn in general) is wrong. But "whipping" him isn't going to do anything constructive.

Instead, take some responsibility as a parent and put some parental controls on the computer so he can't access it, and explain why you have issues with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• ------not sure if I should take this seriously or not...

if it is - you can't be serious about whipping a 13 yr old- no wonder he has some...issues. I agree with talking to him, explaining that what you see on tv/ movies/ internet is not the way life really is and whatnot and put some controls on the computer like was suggested.

if it's fake...yeah...that was quite a question
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• "Or should I whip him myself?"
    Go ahead and reenforce the idea that whipping feels good. Great way to parent right there. (on a side note, I apologize to any posts under mine that get covered in my sarcasm).
    And why in the great blue hell didn't you stop him when you caught him? Waiting for his dad to get home will only work to embarass him more. I am also curious as to what part you think is inappropriate, the violent part, or the gay part. Cause I agree on the one, but not the other. You guess which.
    -Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2013