• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever think about what your child may be saying to their Teacher?

Last year in Preschool my Son's Teacher would laugh because my Son was an open book. He'd tell her that Daddy farts every morning in bed & stinks up Mommy's room & that he LOVES Mommy's black toast (the Teacher asked if it was Nutella that he loved) NO, I said it was just burnt! LOL! This year in Kindergarten apparently the Teacher must think I am the worst Mom ever. She asked him what he eats for breakfast & he said a cupcake! She said "tell your Mother that cupcakes are a bad breakfast, tell her to give you cereal!". He failed to tell her that he got a mini cupcake along with a cereal or a pancake & fruit cup. If he doesn't want that he gets eggs & toast. The MINI cupcake is a side. OYE! How about your kids? Are they open books without all the info? He is totally ruining my image! LOL!

This is for fun, I am not being serious BTW (info is true though) LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I told a first grade teacher once I was destitute. I actually used that exact word because that is what my mother jokingly always said. That Thanksgiving we had a box arrive from a local agency with a turkey and all kinds of foods and vouchers for food. My mom was confused and tried to convince the delivery person we really were not in need. Later my teacher approached her letting her know pride should not come before caring for your children. It slowly came to unravel and my mother asked the teacher if she even asked me if I knew what destitute meant. I do now. I might have been the only first grader and then second grader who would say my family is a hardworking blue collar family who is not destitute. We have what we need even if we don't always get what we want. I had no idea what that meant either but I was made to repeat it a million times.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• they do a round table on Fridays and ask what there family is doing tonight, he said Well my mom is going to drink wine! I had a girlfriend coming in town that I hadn't seen and we were having a wine party! Thanks son!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• This year my youngest told his teacher that we live in a 1 bedroom apartment with no access to water and the doors are falling off. His exact words. Sweet baby jesus I almost had a heart attack.

His counselor called me and someone showed up at my house. The lady said she was tempted to turn around when she pulled up. We live in a 3-2 house with access to water LoL

I really wanna know where the heck he got that story from.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I wonder about that all the time. I haven't heard anything from the teachers, so that's good. I hope lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• yes - as a daycare provider i hear a lot of crazy things from the kids!!!knowing the families i know about half is made up but yes kids tell all!!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• My son told his teacher we were mean to him all the time for giving him time outs or sent to his room
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Oh I forgot about the one where My mom killed our dog, and that is why I am in a bad mood, I got a phone call over that one! Dog was safe and sound!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• OK, So thank goodness I am not the only Mom with a bad image! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2013