Are these newly minted COMBAT Women being required to DO what the men DO? And if not does your opinion change?

14 or so years ago when my husband went through basic there were women there. They were not required to carry the same weight in their rucksacks and their physical tests were not as strenuous. For example the women didn't have to perform as many pull ups, complete miles as fast and were allowed to do "girl" push ups. as for their ruck sacks, what equipment are they doing without? And who is having to tote it? THIS is what has me questioning the decision. knowing this and IF this is still true, does it change your opinion or at least do you think they should be held to the EXACT same standards?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, some of you are a bit out of touch with reality. She is not saying that women shouldn't be in combat roles, but that they do have to have the capabilities to do the job, just like any other job. There are women who would be great at doing combat roles and many who would not be great at it. Not EVERY woman in the military is cut out for combat roles. My husband was in the infantry and he said that he wouldn't mind women in that role if they could do it. He even stated which women would be excellent in that position. It's the same thing for men as well. Not every man is cut out for combat either. If they couldn't do what was required of them they would of had to choose a different MOS.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Until you are a woman who has served, I would keep your damn mouth shut.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Anyways I have to thank you for this post, it makes it pretty darn evident who has no clue about the military and has never served in their life.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• "Until you are a woman who has served, I would keep your damn mouth shut."

Amen. And thanks for undercutting our desire to contribute to the protection of our country.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Lol, nothing brown on my nose. I just know how to have a healthy, intelligent debate while not taking things too personal or seriously.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Funny how those 45 seconds between men (whether age 22 or 37) don't seem to make any difference in regards to Combat in the field but if a woman gets that same 45 seconds she isn't Equal to a man and shouldn't be allowed to be in a Combat zone.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Your ealize they don't make "Smaller guns for women, right. And yeah they'll have to keep up. They'll likely have to work twice as hard as any man in the military, hell theay already do and they don't make excuses for it. Shit a guy in the field twists his ankle and it's the same damn thing. Only a woman will run on it and not bitch.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• They all served, but have you served mom of? DO you know any WOMEN who have served? How can you know what it's like for women in the military?
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 1:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• "MY loved one is then in harms way!"

Yeah, war is like that
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• There ARE men in combat who can't fucking shoot a gun to save their own lives. I'm not bitching about it on cafĂ© mom and blaming their dicks for it.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 2:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2013