For the mom whose friend has had an incomplete miscarriage ...

If this is a troll post, I'm sorry for carrying it on, but it's a very serious matter and someone's life may unfortunately depend on the advice of strangers.

I understand that your friend is anguished, and I'm sorry for her. But her baby has already passed away, and she needs to get the remains of the pregnancy out of her uterus immediately. If she doesn't, she could be risking a serious hemorrhage. When mine came on, I thankfully happened to be visiting someone in the hospital. I was fine one second and soaked to the knees in blood the next. Boom, just like that. And not a fast trickle, I'm talking about drenched jeans across the butt and down the thighs, and actually splashing upward past the waistband. I'm not trying to be graphic for the sake of drama, but it needs to be said so the friend will understand what could be on the way. I might have died if I didn't happen to be so close to the emergency room, just by a twist of fate. The trauma doctor was removing clots that were bigger than racquetballs.

If your friend doesn't hemorrhage, she could die of blood poisoning, or contract a life-threatening infection. The infection might harm her uterus or Fallopian tubes, which connect the uterus to the ovaries. So her unwillingness to let this lost baby go could make it so she can't have other children later. Please, tell her to get her butt in the car and drive her to the doctor. She needs you, as someone who cares about her, to make the choice she seems incapable of making right now. Get off the computer and go!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I had this happen! My second miscarriage I lost the baby at home. It was 13 weeks and I held that baby in my hand! I thought that meant I was done and not in need of the hospital. The next day I was fine. The day after that I got so sick so fast. I couldn't stand up I was so light headed. My mom came to my house and said I was sheet white and took me to the ER. It happened SO fast and was so damn scary!! Not to be taken lightly at ALL!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2013