Dear women in the military (not army wives)...

Now that women are allowed to serve in combat situations on the frontlines, how do you think it will effect the standards when it comes to basic training? Do you think it's a good decision to allow women to serve on the frontlines in combat situations or a bad decision?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 2:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• rolling on floor

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Yes, I think Women can do just as good a job as a Man & a more reasonable & efficient job. Women multitask better so more will be done efficiently. I worked in a Jail with around 30 other Men in my area & some were much worse in so many ways than a Woman could ever be. Poor attention span, lazy, inability to follow direction... I could go on & on. As a Woman we were also able to calm a situation without the need to be physical.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Although I never did get to serve in the military, I did go to MEPS, sign my contract, and was on my way to basic when I had an injury that prevented me from going to basic (or at least delaying at the time). As I stated in the other post, I don't think it should be based on your gender, but rather your capabilities. As far as the standards go, I do think they should be able to do more and trained more than say someone whose job is finance, but just as there is a standards chart for age, there should also be one for gender as well. My husband couldn't pass most of his PT tests when in garrison but he was very smart and could think on his feet, which helped in combat a lot more than the infantry soldiers who ran 8 miles a day. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• As a side note to momof030404, that is just as rude as her saying STFU.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Yes. It is. Only with better language. ;) The petulance of the act really did crack me up just that much though, if that helps LOL I am wondering if she will be pointing out to every responder here to STFU when they don't have the correct credentials to answer the question....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Good thing you have a plethora of class to get you through life :) By the by Kristi, do you currently serve in the military?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You respect for SAHMs is laudable.....oops I mean laughable :) Thank you for your service to this country.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I have NO issue with SAHM's as long as they aren't idiots that shoot their mouths off at shit they know nothing about......it's my respect for YOU that is lacking.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. Nothing. You are taking your entire opinion OF me from a few sentences asking a question on an internet site and from that you choose to behave like a raging psychopath doing yourself and the US Navy an incredible disservice with your disgusting language. My great grandfather and his brothers served in WWI, my grandfather in WWII, My Uncle served in Desert Storm. I have members in my family in all branches of military service. Every single one. Every Christmas we mail packages to strangers serving over seas as none of my loved ones are active duty currently. I have the UTMOST respect for the military and if you actually knew me you would KNOW that. Now. How about you attempt to reign yourself in and show a modicum of the self restraint I am, with my limited knowledge of basic training, sure they taught you during your service. Jesus.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• You home school which means you sit at home all day long supposedly teaching your kids but with the amount of time you spend on teh computer I doubt they are learning much. It's not THAT hard to do a quick search.

Whip out that family history to show how much you know of the military having never been in yourself. You're talking to someone who's entire family made it a career. You claim you have the utmost respect for the military but you shit on the women who serve and THAT I don't stand for!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2013