One positive EPT but the rest have been negative?

I took an EPT and it came up faintly positive but all of the others since have been negative. What could be going on? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• could be too early to test or you are not pregnant. Good Luck if you are TTC
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Did you take them one right after another? Or did you take the positive one in the morning and the negative ones later in the day? If so, you may not of had a high enough level of HCG in your urine for the negative tests.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Describe "faintly". Is it possible that you misread?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• no matter how faint it is, a positive is a positive. There are no false positives, only false negatives. So... either you imagined the faint line or you are pregnant. Wait until morning and test again with your first urine.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• what color was the dye? The blue dye test are a bit harder to read... the evap line on those tends to appear as a faint blue line when it is not.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• The positive you saw wasn't a positive after all and you merely imagined it in your "excitement" to be pregnant.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• My husband and mother both saw the positive within the time frame so I didn't imagine it! I'm going to wait a few days and test again :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Get a blood test, all at home pregnancy tests are not neccessarilly accurate. I was 5 1/2 months pregnant before the at home test would read positive for all 5 of my children even after the doctor did the blood tests and they were positive. If the next one isn't clear, then go get a blood test.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2013