Should I ask for another day off?

I am going to try and explain this the best way I can. My co-workers and I were suppose to have Monday off as a holiday but we were required to work. Because of that, we could take a comp day any day this week. Some chose Tuesday or Thursday while almost half of us chose Friday. I had made plans for Friday with my friend whom I don't get to see a lot because of our work schedules. This was going to be an outing for just her and myself since our sons would be in school. Because of the weather, my work and the schools were closed. 

Should I ask for another comp day? I probably wouldn't even bother asking if 1. I didn't have plans with my friend and 2. My co-workers who were suppose to take Friday as their comp day feel cheated so they are asking me about it since I am their leader. I feel guilty for going to our boss and asking this, but at the same time, it would be nice to get to have a comp day next week. 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Money & Work

• I would
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• if everyone was off today then YES, you didnt get your day like the rest did and I agree that there should be another day set.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• To me - everyone got the day off. So you didn't get the day off you were told you could have in exchange for working on a day you weren't supposed to work. You got the day off everyone else got and you would have gotten whether you worked Monday or not. So, I would ask for another day because in my mind, you didn't get the day you were told you could have.

I hope I explained that clearly enough. lol I think my brain is shutting down for the day already.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Thanks! I sent an email and asked. I just hate sounding petty over this but I was really looking forward to my day off. I knew I should have taken Thursday off, lol.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• do you get paid for snow days? If you had a snow day because your kids didn't go to school and you had to call in then, no. If work was closed because of snow, then yes.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2013