Where do you shop for furniture?

Our go-to place is usually AFW (American Furniture Warehouse). We've been pleased with their selections and quality of furniture, and the prices are pretty good too. But I would like to look at all our options and see what we can find for our new house (when we do finally get it, hopefully in the next 3-4 months).

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 4:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Shopping

• a placed called RC Willey
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• thrift stores, resale shops, rummage sales, and freebies on the curb
    no joke
    rich folks throw out good solid furniture

i do not pick up beds
    but wood is wood
    and snap together plywood is crap
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• It depends on what Im looking for... the big pieces like a sectional or a bed, I'll go to a chain store, or a bigger retail store of some kind because their prices are usually the best, and Im not wanting something too funky for a big piece Im going to have to live with for awhile. For smaller pieces like an accent chair, end table, night tand, lamp, etc then I hit the boutiques, auctions, antiques stores, etc. Because I want something no one else has that will make my home unique, and that expresses just me...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Levin, crate & barrel
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Lazyboy for upholstered stuff. Great quality
    Our LR tables are Ashley

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• I shop a local store. Good quality stuff, nice prices, and I have a credit card through them. I can't ask for more :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• american signature
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• argos mainly
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I got a TV stand an an ottoman, which we use to store toys, at Target. For the nice bedroom set and mattress, we went to Furniture Row, which had the bedroom store and the mattress place under one roof. For my desk and chair and file cabinets, I went to Office Max for the best selection. I've also found a lot of serviceable stuff over the years at yard sales and secondhand stores, but then I'm into function over form anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2013