I somewhere read that gelatin is not good for baby's consumption. But every yoghurt pack says that it contains gelatin. Is it really harmful. Should I stop giving my one year old gerber yoghurt as it also contains gelatin?

Asked by newmommy121211 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gelatin is fine.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Gerber food and other natural baby food you find in the store is all way processed and contain way yuckier.stuff than gelatin but its all up to the food and drug administrations standards...

Answer by flowersmama at 8:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Well i wouldnt be feeding my kids any of that gerber stuff but regular plain yogurt is fine

Answer by Cynthje at 8:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• If you're worried about it, make your own yogurt. It's easy.

Answer by idareyou at 8:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Yup I would just use regular yogurt, I never used baby yogurt.

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Plain yogurt is fine to give, that gerber stuff (and other brands) is full of sugar and other stuff they dont need anyway, its not very healthy even if there was no gelatin in it

Answer by Cynthje at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• My kids love Greek yogurt. It has higher protein contents than regular yogurt and a texture more like ice cream. They really think it is a treat.

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2013