Jews that are "saved" by Jesus Christ?

I thought that Jews didn't believe in Jesus... Wouldn't that make them Christian?? I just read a post about a Jew that was "saved by Christ Jesus" so she didn't have to observe the jewish laws... I don't get it...

Can someone fill me in please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dunno... But I'd like to... Somebody answer this PLEASE!! I was just reading that too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• LOL NO its just snowgirl79!!
    Anonymous

• I'd be interested in seeing that post for clarity.

I think, just from your question, that she meant she was Jewish....like Asian, or White, or African American.

If she says she follows the Jewish faith, but is saved by Jesus Christ, that makes her a Christian Jew. She now has the Christian faith, but is a Jew.

Since the Jewish faith is waiting for the Messiah to appear still, if she declares Jesus Christ as the Messiah, she is now a Christian and is no longer of the Jewish faith in it's pure form.

To throw a wrench into the works, there are some Christians who profess Jesus as the Messiah, yet practice the Jewish faith in all it's other aspects, too. I don't recall what they are called.

Confusing, isn't it?

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• As for her belief that as someone who has accepted Christ as her savior that she no longer has to follow the Jewish law, I think she means she recognizes that she isn't SAVED by the law.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord ans Savior are called Messianic jews. It was God's intend for the ejws to believe in Him in the first place and when Jesus did walk the either many jewish leaders missed who He was completely. Those that believe Him now realize that He is the Messiah that has come. They also keep the feasts and jewish holidays through out the year. They accept the New Testament and the Old.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Do the Messianic Jews still abide by the other aspects of Jewish law?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Is Messianic Judaism a mixture of Christianity and Judaism? 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Just a little confused, not trying to be disrespectful. Just wanna learn.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I just called one of my sons friends that is Jewish. She said Messianic Jews don't believe in the Torah and they believe that Christ is their savior. But they are kosher and they do follow Jesus in every aspect.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Its called Messianic Jews or I've heard "Jews for Jesus". I had a Rabbi for a professor in college and she said Jews don't consider them actual Jews. For all intents and purposes for them, Messianic Jews are Christians.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009