How much do i need to lose before people notice?

i went from 280 to 225 in the last couple months. Only my kids have noticed because they can now hug me. I have another 50 to go.

when was your weight loss noticed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• 2 years ago I  lost almost 100lbs, and NO ONE said anything. It was so disappointing. Now I'm kinda glad cause I've gained back 50.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• from people that saw everyday it was not noticed right away but the first person that said anything was a guy at the gym...the front desk guy. it was a couple of months in...this was awhile back so it probably was after at least 20lbs-30'lbs...possibly more. I am restarting the journey again tomorrow so I will get back to you this time around. good luck. it doesn't matter when others notice...it all that matters when you notice the difference and that motivation even more.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• btw congrats on your weighloss...keep it up.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• thank you and great luck to you as well
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• It took about two and a half months. Congrats btw :)
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• thank you =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• that's true, music! in 2009 i lost 100lbs. EVERYBODY noticed. I was so embarrassed when I gained back 80. I didn't want to leave the house! now I must lose all this weight again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Are you tall or bigger boned? I'm 5'2", and very small boned. People notice immediately when I start losing weight, but then they also notice if I gain 5 pounds. Bigger girls can carry more weight because it's spread out better, but because of that when they lose weight it's less noticeable. Small girls can't carry any extra weight because it shows immediately.

But, if you're small and people don't notice, I'd say it's probably as lambdarose said, people see you every day and don't notice, when you see someone who hasn't seen you since you started losing weight, they will probably notice.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• 5'5" medium build according to my doc. I carry a lot of weight in my hips & thighs so I guess when I lose on my upper body my butt still looks big.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Great job! I was 269 when I started, and it probably took a good 50 lbs or so before I started hearing it.
    I think some people are hesitant to say anything, because it is perceived as rude by some. I don't know why- I love hearing it when people notice!!
    I am always surprised now when people accept my DL as ID (which they always do)- I'm over 100 lbs lighter, and it doesn't even look like me!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2013