What the most ($) that you have ever made doing a garage sale?

I have some things including furniture that I need to get rid of from cleaning out my house. I've never done a garage sale. Is it worth it or should I just bring everything to the salvation army or something?

momofpurebliss

Asked by momofpurebliss at 7:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Usually around $250 or so, but one time I made $1000. I also only do one day sales because I hate to waste my whole weekend doing it. Baby furniture and stuff sells the absolute best.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I made over $500 years ago I got rid of all my baby furniture,and baby stuff, old appliances,books I was surprised
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• $18. seriously. I don't bother anymore. That was baby stuff too. Well my aunt spent 60 later cuz I was going to haul it away but she doesn't count. Maybe if you have furniture though...Depends on the stuff and where you live. It bites to get it all out and have to put it all away. If you have a garage though, try it. Haul it away after setting up all weekend. Then you'll know if you wanna do it next time.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• we've made anywhere from about $60, $200, and $500...just depends on what you have and who comes by, you never know!
    Anonymous

• We moved into a large home with my son, his wife, and their children. Lots of duplicate furnishings and and furniture. We made $715.00!!!
    beefy

Answer by beefy at 10:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I made $500 last summer!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• We made almost $1200 last spring during our annual multi-family yard sale...which helps because you get a lot more traffic! Plus, we were getting rid of baby room furniture, TONS of toys, clothes, some still-in-the-box wedding gifts we didn't need/want, a dinette set, and some pool equipment, in addition to a bunch of odds and ends!

The cheapest items I sold went for 10 cents, the highest item (the 7 piece dinette) sold for $300! Woo Hoo!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009