I am watching Big Love , and am shocked. Used to know Mormons when I was growing up and liked them and their families. What is up with these polygamists? Are they all sex starved maniacs who have sex daily with each one of their wives??? Shocking. Is that how it really is? adult content

jano7209

Asked by jano7209 at 4:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• It was an HBO show, there's going to be a lot of sex.   Sex= ratings.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Um, not all Mormons are polygamists. I believe a much larger number of them believe that marriage is only between two people.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Only extremists are and anything on tv is amped up and somewhat scripted
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• You're pretty ignorant. Do your research before you post. Mormon is the one religion I dislike the most but you're thinking of the wrong type of Mormon. That's FLDS not LdS
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Wrong group of Mormons. They're not all the same.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• 1) Big love is a FICTIONAL show. They aren't even real Mormons just actors/actresses. (Don't you think it odd that "snow white" from Once upon a Time is also protraying a polygamist Mormon?)
    2) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka the Main mormon church) does not acknowledge any fundamentalist groups claiming to be mormon that practice plural marriages or polygamy (which the LDS church banned in 1890)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Sorry flowersmama.... I am not ignorant. You still didn't answer the question. I am aware of the fact that these are the Fundamentalist Latter day Saints. the show portrays the husbands like Bill as insatiable. Every night with a different wife! I repeat....pretty shocking if this is an accurate portrayal.
    jano7209

Comment by jano7209 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• You are ignorant since you seem to be missing the big red flag. IT"S A TV SHOW, aka FICTIONAL. It's not real.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• all Mormons are polygamist is like saying all Baptist churches are hate groups.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Sheesh if You're going to watch a TV show to learn about polygamist Mormons watch Sister Wives. At least it is some what "real" being a reality TV program and not a complete work of fiction dripping with sex for ratings like HBO's shows are.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2013