Can you muster up enough self control to try this?

I missed the drama with the anon who posted something about special needs children. Frankly, I'm glad I did. But it made me wonder if ALL of us refused to respond to obvious drama stirring posts like that, if they would stop. If they are not getting a reaction from us, they will get bored & move on. Do you think you could do it? Just close the ques. & move on? I know it's hard when you really wanna tear them a new one, but why feed into it? Would you be willing to try & see what happens? I'm game if you are. Or don't you think my idea will work?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I vote we just keep derailing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• we've tried it in the past, it doesn't work. anon drama whores will seek other ways to get attention, by stalking us in posts, or just creating new ones and blowing up answers section with nonsense.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Maybe they just need to remove the anon button? Especially for those who are under say level 30 or something?
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Nice blaming someone who's no longer a member to try to deflect the attention from yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• LOL, yes removing the Anon button is the only sure fire way to end the drama crap! We've asked. They won't remove it. I think Cafemom is really so concerned about the volume of people that visit that to them a question is a question. They want the money from the hits, I guess.

We have tried to ignore them in the past. I went most of the summer without responding and will probably go back to that, but when they cross the line like that one did.... it pisses me off.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I'm so glad I missed that disgusting post!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• how about keep the anon option
    BUT
    if someone is clearly abusing it..let them use it until something like last night...then admin can take it away right when it is going on to reveal who it is
    i like this idea- will stop some of the trolls
    not the ones who make multiple accounts- but admin can tell when someone has more than one account, they should crack down on it
    maybe admin could do a once a week scan or search for such computer numbers that come up more than once= is this possible in tech world- i do not know- someone that knows might be able to tell what is possible (that is not me-lol)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I participated in that question. I think, for the most part, funny troll posts are welcome here. But, not those that attack children & families that are struggling by denying that their issues exist. Whoever wrote that question & the bullshit troll ones that followed, should be ashamed of themselves and banned from CM.

I also find it bizarre that members who defended Kimi, when everything went down, are now trying to blame her for last night's events. 

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• These anons are here to stay! it has been done before, but it might work with some, not others...I missed it too!

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Sounds good. I will read it if it sounds legit from the title question and if its not I will ignore. I won't be around too much for the next couple of weeks anyhow.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2013