Do you think this is true?

My OB had told me since this is my second baby I should expect her to arrive a couple weeks before my EDD, he said it usually ends up that way. Do you think this is true? If you have more than one baby how many weeks was he/she when born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I didn't pay much attention to what the doctors said when I was pregnant. I just wanted to know if my baby was healthy and ok. Everything else was BS to me. Your baby will come when it comes.

Answer by louise2 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• No, I didn't find that to be true and I have never heard that. The earliest I ever went into labor was with my 5th, at 39 weeks. My 3rd was induced at 38 weeks but my 1st and 2nd were both over 40 weeks and my 4th was a scheduled csection at 39'weeks - no sign of labor.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Nope but second babies usually deliver faster during labor. We were 5 days "late " but start to finish laor was 4 hrs (
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Not always. For every person that says it is true, one will tell you no. I'd just say not to plan on it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• It wasn't for me. DS was 2 weeks late, DD (2nd born) was 4 weeks late!
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• not always, my first came 2 weeks before her due date and I as told he very same thing but I delivered him 2 DAYS before his due date
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Both of my girls arrive at 37 wks. But, the actual labor time with my youngest was much, much quicker.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• From my personal experience, no it's not true. My oldest was two weeks early, the second was almost two weeks early, but she was induced after they turned her, the last two were only a few days early.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• While on average the second baby does come a few days earlier than the first that is not always true. I knew my ovulation date with both since I was charting so I was positive of my due dates and my first was 10 days early and my second was only 5 days. They come when they are ready if left alone.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I wish lol. I had my daughter at exactly 41 weeks and I had my son at 40 weeks 1 day. Babies tend to come when they are ready not when the doctors says or when we are ready for them to be out unless of course there is a medical reason for them to come out early. But assuming that the pregnancy is healthy and baby is doing fine and things progress the way they should on their own then dont expect baby to come til he/she is ready. Also due dates are just a guess anyway thats why babies come early or late. Not many women have the baby on the due date.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2013