What do you think is the biggest "problem" among Pre-teens/Teens?

What do you see as the biggest "problem" among Pre-teens & Teens today?

I'm planning a fundraiser to raise money for the cause, but I can't raise money for all of the causes although I wish I could! --Unless you have an idea?

So what is the biggest in your opinion?
Body Image; Low self-esteem or eating disorders.
Bullying; In school or online.
Poverty; In need of items or homeless.
Self-Worth; Neglect or suicide.
Disabilities; Not fitting in and being left out.

If you have a different one please feel free to add it. But please only choose ONE that you feel is the biggest or most important and why?

:) Thanks in advanced...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Lack of responsibility. Not be taught to stand up and take that responsibility. Being babied. Lack of discipline. Lack of parental guidance. Being given everything they want, so mommy and daddy don't have to deal with them, or have them make a scene in public (my fav)....

Yep, that about covers it for me...

NOTICE, I did not use one of your responses Anon.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Being sexualized at earlier and earlier ages

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• The internet.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Low self-esteem and bullying (which go hand in hand). However, much of that is caused by the lack of decent role models. Parents want to be buddies with their kids and don't want to discipline them, teachers either don't care or don't have time to care, and celebrities and athletes of today are hardly pillars of society that our kids should be imitating. Biggest problem kids face is society itself basically.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I agree with previous posters. But if you're planning a fundraiser of some kind, you need a very narrw cause. Teens with muscular dystrophy. Supporting a specific drug rehab program or a home or education center for young moms-to-be. People won't donate their hard-earned money or their valuable time to solve some nebulous, unclarified problem. They want to know exactly where their money is going and how it will help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Fathers not being in the home is a bifurcated problem for many kids, esp daughters
    Anonymous

• media and bulling

media- bad self esteem for girl with not having what society thinks is beautiful. also drugs, violence, sex it teaches them horrible things.
    bulling- could also go with media because usually the bullies have the low self esteem or pick on people with low self esteem do to reason most of the media shows.
    mommaTishi

Answer by mommaTishi at 11:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• What charity are you raising funds for and why wouldn't they be handling the Ask?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I think not being accdepted and self image- everyday on television we are faced with every day on television, what we should look like and hiow we should act and that is the only things kids see. Myabe if you did something that had to do with the older age women and how their where adds for gaining weight because it was more beautiful and more appealing to others. Weight is a big thing to kids.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 11:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Probably self-esteem...as I think back on my own life. I wanted to fit-in badly so I kinda acted out to get it.... Now I'm completely different and could care less about what people think. I think most teen girls lack a self-confidence/esteem.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2013