Does anyone REALLY care?!

Does anyone really care if Manti Te'o knew it was a fake online GF or not? Or if Beyonce' lip synched or not? I am baffled by how much print & air time these 2 topics are taking up. Who gives a flying fig?! There's more important things to worry about! Am I right? Or am I missing some hidden importance in these?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• That's the media for ya! Imagine the things going on we need to know about, get riled up about, and work to change that never get reported. Welcome to our world.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Of course no one cares. But since we don't have a mass shooting to talk about or any other tragedy to take advantage of, then the media has to resort to this. Never mind that there are so many other things we should know about. If it's not something on the media's agenda, they won't report it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I don't care, and I had never even heard of the guy until this whole thing was on the news.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I don't care about either one, didn't care about Armstrong, either. I had never heard of the Te'o kid until it was all over the news. That blew up way out of proportion, imo. And as for Beyonce, well, she is just another singer is not nearly as important as everyone thinks she is. I can't figure out why we give so much attention to singer/actors/athletes. I don't care nearly as much about them as I do about people in my community, people that I know IRL.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I could care less about both.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I could care less about any famous person.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Definitely not.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I agree with dull and anime.

I don't care about the football guy with the imaginary girlfriend. I suppose if you are a sports fan and thought that he was honored with the Heisman trophy partly because of him working through the season dealing with this grief then it might matter to you. If he earned it fair and square then I don't know why anyone would care.

I don't listen to Beyonce, so I couldn't give two shakes if she lip synced every single concert. I just don't care.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I think its crazy that people pay so much attention to things like this instead of the important things that are going on in the world.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 12:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I don't understand the amount of coverage, either. But someone must be responding, or else the stories would have disappeared by now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2013