Christians/Cathololics etc...

Do you REALLY not believe in evolution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Accepting the scientific theory of evolution and believing God created the world and the Bible is the inerrant Word of God are not mutually exclusive. As a Catholic, it is not against church teachings to accept evolution as the best natural explanation we have for the diversity of life here on earth. God created the world - he just used evolution as the tool to do it

The article "Evolutionary Creation" provides a good explanation of how the bible and the scientific theory of evolution can both be accepted.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• many christians and catholics believe in evolution
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Religion and Evolution do not neccisarily counteract eachother... Evolution doesn't answer all the questions about how things started just as Religion doesn't answer all the questions about what came before humans...

They can and do in many minds work hand in hand. And many people that believe in creation can and do believe in evolution...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I believe in creation then the possiblity of some types of evolution. Like you have heard of superbugs that have gotten immune to antibiotics and such, but I don't believe people came from trees or monkeys or any of that other nonsense. I do believe superbugs are a form of evolution. I believe in a creator who made living beings quite complicated.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I am a Christain and I do not believe in evolution.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 9:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i believe in God lead evolution. its kinda hard to ignore...especially natural selection. someone had to explain to me that evolution is not about us coming from monkeys. evolutionists just say we are in the same family as monkeys, which is true.

i dont see any reason that God & evolution can't coexist.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you are a christian you cant say you believe in evolution. They just dont go together
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I believe that I am here for a purpose.. If we evolved like how they say we evolved than how did it all evolve from the beginning?

I love that my father in heaven created me uniquely and individually and has a plan for my life.. And that I not just here...
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 10:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

So does that mean all these other women are liars or does it mean they aren't real Christians?
    Anonymous

• Catholics DO believe in evolution. And they do believe that they are Christian as well. **smile**

Honestly....what's the harm in being open to ALL ideas? We'll KNOW the answers after death.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009