Numbers

Do any of you have a good way that I can help my daughter remember that six points up and nine points down? She gets frustrated. Thanks.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think if you give her a number on one side of a flash card and corresponding dots on the back (you can use stickers too and let her pick them out and put them on). This is what we used. I used paper plates and put the numbers on them from 0-10 and then I let her put the proper number of stickers on them. She had fun and we played with them regularly for about a year. She got it pretty quickly b/c she could see the number and count the stickers.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• have you gotten her the number tracer books yet?
    my youngest told this to me, 9 looks like it has a mouth and wants to gobble up the other letters. my oldest used to put eyes in the center and teeth on the hook. with the 6 she made it look like a lantern fish. colored the tip of the hook to make it 'glow'
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Hold your finger up and say "Wait a minute. We're not to nine yet."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• You could draw bubble numbers on cardboard and make faces for them, name them 6 and 9, cut them out and let her play with them.

If that makes any sense.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2013