Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im 16 and possibly pregnant, boyfriend is 18, can he be charged? i live in NC

Answer Question

Asked by flowergirl206 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Depends on the State.

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • google.

    Answer by tnm786 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • Best thing you can do is sit down with both sets of your parents and talk to them like adults. You engaged in adult behavior, and now you found out there are consequences.
    Probably NOT in your best interests to mention "Teen Mom" during this discussion.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • Acourding to the internet, no because you're older than 16 and he isn't 6 years older than you.  However this could always be wrong, you might want to contact a pregnany suport group in your area to find out more information.

    (a) A defendant is guilty of a Class B1 felony if the defendant engages in vaginal intercourse or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is at least six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person.



    Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • I think it has to be over 18 and under 13 for statutory rape, but I do not know

    I think it is important that you sit down and talk to your family about this and act like a respectful adult and things might go easier for you and your BF. I think they may be able to charge him with something, or at least try.

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • the age of consent is 16 so no he can not be charged unless you tell people he raped you

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • What luv said..... on a further note.... the 16 year old's father is perfectly capable of beating the shit out of the guy.... LOL, just throwing that out there for ya.....

    Answer by m-avi at 5:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • Not sure about NC but I am wondering if you consented why you want to have him charged.
    Seems a little like entrapment to me.

    Answer by Dardenella at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • And being thrown in jail for assault charges. Not a good idea to beat the boy when the 16 year old was right there for the choice too.

    Answer by Dardenella at 6:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

  • Check the laws in your state; or the police dept. In Colorado, the age of consent is 15 1/2. If you call the police and tell them you have a friend who is 16 who might be pregnant, and the father is 18 and your friend's parents are threatening to charge him with statutory rape, and ask them what the legal age of consent is, they will tell you and you won't have to implicate yourself. But darling, I hope you are not trying to get pregnant at this age. Believe me, it's not a good idea. There is nothing at all wrong with living a good happy free life, until you are ready to settle down and raise a family. Trust me; you don't want to look back 10 - 15 years from now and wish that you had made different choices for yourself. You have a life time to have babies, don't have them when you are still one yourself. Talk to a single mom, and get their opinions of how hard and taxing it is. GL.

    Answer by Sierrarose99 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.