My son's spelling words are ruining my grammar!!!!

For the past few weeks my son has been studying spelling words that either don't follow typical spelling rules or are homophones. One of his words is through. We have been working hard all week on studying it and it is one that has given him a hard time. I noticed that in the past few days, if I meant to put throw, I have been writing through instead, lol! Oh, well. Anyone else have a similar story?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The more math ap classes my daughter takes the more I realize I have forgotten.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I am dyslectic, I always have problems with spelling. I bow to the spell check Gods. If I am not sure how to spell something I will find an alternate word. On the bright side, it makes for a good vocabulary.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Only that "public" and "pubic are both words and a spell checker won't know that one is right and the other isn't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• no but I can definately see that happening
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• LOL, no, but I have two excuses... My keyboard sticks and I need my nails done... does that count?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My friend always used to type give me a sex instead of give me a sec. Her husband still picks on her about it, since it was him that she would say it to most of the time. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2013