Camping in July... Once again I had no input.

For the past 3 years we have been camping with my husbands friend and his wife. First year was fun but 4-5 days with them gets annoying. I try to put up with my husbands friends wife, but she act spoiled and has an attitude at times. First year she had a tantrum because we stayed in a place with no shower. Second year we left the first day there cuz my husband was injured. Last year some other friends joined and it was okay, but she had her moment when all the marshmallows were gone and got all upset. The guys brought more an decided to tell my kids these are mine. Note everyone ate s'mores not just my kids. We have had other incidents where she will tell my kids don't look at my daughter she going to nap. We are in an open area go to your tent. It bothers me and I always bite my tounge. They have picked site all 3 years and planned it out. I just go because my husband and kids enjoy it so much. Well, plans for this year are made since she is pregnant and will be 7-8 months they decided for us to visit and spend all that weekend out in their home. I really don't want to spend 4 days with them. Advice HOW DO I FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS?! I told my husband I didn't want to go and he laughed. I sai I don't think I could take 4 days in their house. I really think he thought I was joking. I try to say something and ignores me about the subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Honestly, there is no way in hell I would want to spend a week with a woman in her last trimester.
    I have yet to meet one, myself included, who was pleasant to be around.
    Can't believe she'd want company-

Remind hubs how unpleasant and uncomfortable you were at that time.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• You need to go back to him and tell him you are absolutely serious, that you haven't enjoyed these past trips and that you don't want to do this any more. Your husband is the one person in this universe with whom you need to be completely honest.

Besides, if she's that pregnant it's not time for her to be playing hostess. If your husband wants to find a polite way to beg off he can say that.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Could you just say you won't be going? That he can go, or take the kids and go, or whatever you two work out, but you won't be joining him?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Just keep reiterating that you will NOT be going this year. Every time he mentions it, tell him to have fun without you. Eventually he should get it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I say the husbands take a boy's trip! I bet she will be as thankful for it as you are!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• OK, so now I've read your post properly. OUCH! Tell your husband straight up that you do NOT want to spend 4 of your precious vacation days with these people, that he can go if he wants but that you have had your fill. There is no point going on vacation with people who ruin your fun. Tell him that you'd rather take advantage of those few days to spend family time together (how about setting up a 4 day camping-fishing trip?).

Shake your husband and repeat if he doesn't take you seriously.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• "Get" the FLU!!
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 10:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Book another vacation. Tell him it was supposed to be a surprise (father's day?) , but now you have to tell him because he's gone and made these other plans.

OR you can put on your big girl pants, stand up for yourself, and tell him you are not spending your only vacation with these people again!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Personally, I think that once you're past your mid-twenties camping (by camping I mean under canvas) should be strictly for you and your family. It's not a couples thing ... and even less a several family thing. If, however, it's camping in a mobile home park then all you have to do is stay away from them. Nobody should be forced into the boy scout campfire jamboree type thing.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2013