Who do you usually invite to your children's birthday party?

My daughter is going to be for in March and I just moved to a new state and I really don't know anyone here. For the last 3 yrs I have had her birthday party at my grandmother's apartment and it was just family. She would have a little party at her daycare the past three years but nothing major. This year she is in preschool and I would like to invite the kids from her class and her ballet class but I don't know any of them. Well the preschool her class only has like 6 children. Her ballet class she has been there 3 times. I was thinking to just give them the invites and if they come they come and if they don't they don't.I think it's a good way to meet new parents and her to get to know the girls in her ballet class. Have you ever gone to a birthday party of children you do not know?

Thanks for the feedback.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• When my son was in kindergarten (he didn't go to preschool) I did not know most of the kids and I simply invited them all because he knew the children. You just moved there so I would definitely consider it and ask my child if they wanted to go as a parent getting the invite.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yeah I think the preschool I will invite all the children and the ballet class. She has only been here two months and the ballet class only started 3 weeks ago so she hasn't really had a chance to make friends but I think it will be fun to invite those girls because she doesn't have many friends that are girls. All the people I know have boys so it's tough she is use to playing with boys.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I invited the kids from my children's preschool classes. My 4th was born in November so he had only been in school a couple months when we invited them.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I only ever invite their friends. For the family we do something else.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• well, I live in another state from my family so I have to invite family and friends and they will be here the whole weekend so we can always do something else also but I just want one party . If I live in the same state as my family and her friends that would be different but that isn't the case. I think it will all work out. I also have some out of state friends that moved for their jobs , we all graduated togther, that I am inviting. At least at the place I am doing it I only have to pay for the children.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• When there younger usually just immediate family and then as they get older kids from school and some more family if they want to come.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 3:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2013