Turbo Tax or H&R Block Online?

ok, so last year i had our taxes done at the local h&r block. Because i waited until the last minute and my husband has his own business, i was afraid i wouldnt have time to do them myself and take my time and be accurate enough. So i had them done and they charged me $695.00 and i was only in there an hour. Seriously i had them done on my lunch hour.
So this year i have been working on getting everything together and just waiting an some 1099's to come in etc. So i went online to h&R block and started inputting everything the i have ready right now. Plus they were ablt to import our information from last year so it helped a little. ANyways, after i put in everything i have i ran the error check and if found no errors. but when i hit the next button, it says that my return contained this form about realestate (which it doesn not) and that the irs wont accept returns with that form untill around march. So i called h&r block customer service because i knew this was not correct and after being on the phone for 2o minutes or more, the lady said she was still looking into it that others have called about the same problem. ANd when she put me on hold she hung up on me. So i was still without and answer to why it is saying that.
SO i went to turbo tax and inputted everything there and ran the error check and nothing came back and nothing about that form that h&r block keeps saying.
So my question is, is the turbo tax home and business program good and reliable. I mean it was pretty simple and walked me through everything so i really think when i get the rest of my infor plugged in that it will be right.
Any bad things to say about turbo tax?
Sorry for this being so long. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Money & Work

• I haven't tried Turbo tax before but it seems to be a very reliable program and one of the most used so i've heard. I've always used H&R Block online because we have very simple returns and never have to change much. Plus I really like how they just import your info from the year before. I have used them for the last 5 yrs and haven't had any problems and its only $14.95 to prepare and free to e-file. If you are confident that you have all the information and know what you're doing then I don't see any problem with doing your taxes online using a service like Turbo Tax or H&R Block. Look up the forms or whatever it was telling you about on the IRS.gov site to double check that you don't need to worry about it though. Good luck :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Dh is a CPA, so I just let him do our taxes. However, he has used Turbo Tax in the past and never had anything bad to say about it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I've used Turbo Tax & find it very user friendly.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I've used Turbo Tax home and business for the past 6 years with no issues.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Jackson Hewitt , cheap an worth it
    Noinpendce36

Answer by Noinpendce36 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Jackson Hewitt , cheap an worth it

When they're not under investigation for filing false returns?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• If you don't have multiple sources of income and property turbo tax is super easy.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Before our business made our taxes too complicated for me to do, I used TaxCut. Super easy program.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We've used turbotax for the last 3 years...its easy to use....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2013