How much do you pay for childcare/what is a fair rate

Seeking childcare from a small home care type setting what is a fair price- I am in Hi if it helps. Also if I have a mom watch them and she has 1-2 other children what is a fair rate. I have 2 children 2.5 and 4 but my 4 year old only needs a few hours of care a week so pretty much looking for prices for 1 child. I am also interested in  what others are pay for there childcare. Thanks!

christy509

Asked by christy509 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• When my kids were in a home daycare, I paid $100 a week for the both of them combined. It was $60 for one kid, and a sibling discount on the other made them only $40. She had several other kids, too, though. I think the law (in FL, anyway) was 10 kids, and she had the full limit.

This was also several years ago, though. If you have someone in mind, why not talk to her and find out what she thinks is fair? Otherwise, best advice I can give is come up with your top figure (the most you are willing to pay) and then offer less than that so that you have room for negotiation. Say you aren't willing to pay more than $150 - offer her $100, so she can come back with, say $175, and you can offer $150 and not go over your limit, but she also feels like she's getting something.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My daycare provider is a lixensed in home mom of three who only charges me 3.75 for both of mg kids together because one kids is 2.75 and only a dollar more each child.....she is awesome
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 11:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• When my son was in daycare it was an in home daycare and I paid $175 for fulltime, included 2 full meals and snacks, had a fulltime assistant, preschool program, and occasionally would do field trips.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My son went to a home day care full time for $195 a week.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I pay about $850 a month for my 3 and 5 yr old to be in full time.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• my daughter went to a in home daycare because we moved. it was $25/ day. so 125 a week that is in pa. I am in a different state and I pay $160 with all meals included...breakfast, lunch and snack. The in home daycare she provided breakfast and lunch but my dd never went for breakfast.
    Oh now she goes to a center more like a preschool setting. but btwn $125-$150 sounds reasonable.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2013