My 2 year old's urine has been pink/orange all day? Should I be worried? Will a nibble of a crayon do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would think that a nibble of a crayon would affect the color of the bowel movement. you may want to take your lo to the dr. i honestly dont know what this could be. it could be a kindney infection, bladder infection or a uti. have your child drink plenty of water or cranberry juice.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thank you for your help. i am really worried. made appointment for tuesday. do you think that is waiting too long?
    lucygirl

Answer by lucygirl at 8:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It makes me wonder, too. I'd take the child tomorrow - if the doctor or the doctor's backup can't see the child tomorrow, then an urgent care clinic. I don't think that crayon would change the color of urine. Not drinking enough liquids might make it orange, but a pink tinge is what I find puzzling and worth having the child seen soon, just for peace of mind.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Try cranberry juice. But not the cocktail version It has to be 100% real juice. Nothing from concetrate. Wait till tuesday and see what happens unless she acts like she's in pain.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• MMM< no, I would get her to the Doc tomorrow. Give her tons of clear liquids! If you have medical insurance, they may have a nurse line to call, or your ped's office may have a nurse line.

It sounds like the baby has the beginnings of UTI, and those respond best to immediate treatment.

Good luck!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• thank you all so much. i did go to urgent care with sample in hand. they said that no blood was found or anything to indicate a uti or blatter infection. they sent it off to find out more. meanwhile, i am still freaking out. she said i should know something in 2-3 days. i am giving her water water water but the urine still looks orange.
    it drives me crazy that 9 times out of 10 doctors or nurses don't have an answer to what could be the problem. i just want someone to tell me she is going to be okay.
    lucygirl

Answer by lucygirl at 8:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Hello i seen your question about your baby's pink/ orange urine and i just wanted to know what ever came of it because my son Sam is going throw the same thing this morning his pee was a light pink but as the day has went on it started to change to a kinda light weird orange color... Please help me.
    mommy_alanzi

Answer by mommy_alanzi at 8:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2012