Where have you had your children's birthday parties?

My daughter will be four in March and I just moved and I am going to be doing her party at a local place that has a indoor jungle gym and other activities for the kids outdoors also. In the past she just had her birthday parties at my grandmother's because she was not mobile and it was just family. I would decorate her apartment and she had a big outside area and the kids would play outside. Other wise this is the first year to actually have it some place else. If you do you children's birthday parties not at home, how has your experience been?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have had some at home but others at local parks, pump it up (inflatable playground), Frankie's (arcade and race track), movie theater, build a bear, my church's indoor gym and a children's spa for a dress up party.

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• home
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We had my Son's last Party at "Pump it Up"! LOL! The kids had a blast. He turned 6. This was the first year that we had a kid party. All the other years it was at home with family.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Either my back yard, grilling and a cake, or at the local park. We didnt know very many people when we first moved to CO so my sons 6th bday was kind of sad. He invited his whole class and only 2 kids showed up, but there was a bunch of kids at the park so we invited them all for cake and party favors. He didnt seem to notice or care that only two classmates showed.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We celebrate birthday parties at home just with our family.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• my daughter's are always weird since it's the last week of school and so dang busy

my son turned 8 in October and we did a water park
    his previous b-day he brought 2 friends to monster jam
    and before that when he turned 6 my little foodie wanted an upscale meal at Fogo, a Brazilian steakhouse

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thanks...I was going to do it at home but considering I just moved and I really don't have the house in 100% yet I didn't want it here. I don't have a dining room table yet only a temporary furniture for now so I opted for just doing it some place and she seems pretty excited about it. Did you all do themes?
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I did themes at the park and gym; but at pump it up, Frankie's, etc that kind of was the theme so I just used solid colored napkins, plates, etc and a cake with balloons/flowers (boy/girl).

Answer by missanc at 12:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My kids' birthdays are one week apart. We always let them order a special cake and pick whatever they want to do on their birthdays. It's usually something like racing go-carts or black light mini golf. Then we try to take a vacation between their birthdays. This year we want to go to Hawaii.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We have always had a party or outing in a restuarant for my son with family.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2013