If irregular, could I have ovulated at a weird time?

I just so happen to be irregular, and i can't seem to get the answers I seek from the doctor. I would like to know if my ovulation could be way off, and it's possible to get a positive result within a coulple weeks of ovulation.

wildemom801

Asked by wildemom801 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am also very irrregular. the only solution to track ovulation is to keed tracking your civical mucus. before ovoulation mucus is a lot like cloudy and thick lotion alike. as you reach ovulation it will increase in quantity. peek mucus is clear, strechy, similar to egg whites and can be stretched few cm's between your fingure and thumb.
    dazyA

Answer by dazyA at 8:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree with dazyA. I am irregular as well and the only way to track ovulation on an irregular woman is through cervical mucus. I ovulate 4-6 weeks after I have a period...its never the same. When I took my test I was a month after I ovulated (I was about 3.5 weeks along) when I went to the doctor a week and half later, the doctor placed me at 5 weeks along.

So to answer your question with my experience. I say that if you had a regular period and regular ovulation then you could most likely test and I would imagine the same would go with irregular periods as well. I am not a doctor so my answers could be way off. Just go ahead and buy a couple test and if the first says negative...what a week or so and test again. Good Luck!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009