Moms over age 25 or so.... valentines day when you were a kid.....

did you get a class list and have to pass out to everyone?

or were swapping optional and you gave to only your real friends and there was always a kid or two who only got a card from the teacher?

It's one of those things I'm sooooo happy has changed I was born in 1981 and all through my school yrs we would always decorate a shoe box and leave it on our desk but passing out cards was each kids discretion.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in

• If I remember correctly we passed out to everyone. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I was born in 1982 and there was always a list of our classmates names sent home and everyone got a card from all of the students. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We had the list of names of classmates and everyone got cards
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I was born in the late '60's. We would make cards as part of a class craft project for each child. Then we made heart shaped holders & taped them on the front of our desk. Everyone then got cards from everyone! Parents never sent in a dime. The school provided all the craft materials. We never did Birthdays in school or fund raisers. Teachers taught everything. Parents did not help with homework IF we got any. No class Mothers either. Teachers taught us how to read & write. It was much better back then.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We made/decorated holders of some sort, and made and passed out cards for everyone in the class. I remember how everyone would always pick the best/coolest cards out of the box for their friends and give the leftovers to the other kids. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We had a list and everyone got cards. My favorite year was the one when we did shoe boxes and left them on our desks. I remember being friends with a little Jehovah's Witness girl who wasn't allowed to participate due to her faith and she was the only one to not receive anything.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Pretty sure we had to buy a card for everyone. I remember trying to find appropriate cards for people I wasn't friends with.
    For my kids, we just make up treat bags and put a Happy Valentines Day from Jacob (or Kyle) on it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My dau is 10 y/o & has always passed out to everyone in the class. Can you imagine if it were any other way & someone did not get any? How sad would that be?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• everyone!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• We addressed and passed out cards to whomever we wanted.

Anonymous