Working out during pregnancy

I wanted to lose weight so I started working out in Nov. I took a preg test and it says I'm pregg. I have an appt this week to see my dr, but just curious what are some things that are limited for pregg moms?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 2:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Anything that you did (and are use to doing) before pregnancy can be done during pregnancy as long as you are not at risk. Many moms who have ran marathons before pregnancy did so during it as well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I was going to say the same thing as JeremysMom said. But but purposely trying to loose weight during pregnancy probably isn't advised.

Answer by louise2 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Congratulations!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• You are perfectly able to workout during the first 2 trimesters, there are exercises you will need to avoid. Your third trimester you will be more awkward, so you will want to be really careful. You can do research to see what you should and should not do and of course listen to you doctor. It is ok to try to lose weight while pregnant, but you need to be careful to make sure that you are consuming enough calories. The main thing is to make sure you discuss it all with your doctor.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thank you you guys!
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2013