Should I throw my sons girlfriend a baby shower?

I have 2 sons Jack & Jason that are not married and they live with their girlfriends. Both girl friends are pregnant and due in May. I am not close with either girlfriend but I was planning on throwing a babyshower for Jason's girl friend and not Jack's. I wasn't very happy when Jack started dating her because she is older than him and she already has 2 children and is divorced. Jack told me that is rude and tacky. Is it?

I do not want a bad relationship with anyone. I never thought it was that big of a deal. Jack's girlfriend has lots of friends and I know they would throw her a shower, the other girl doesn't.

I guess to keep the peace I will either have a double shower or no shower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• Either both, or none. It's not worth the drama later.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• yes give both of them a baby shower together, make it a fun family event.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• When two of my sons had their first children, I didnt throw a shower for either mom cuz their BFFs wanted to do and invite pretty much everyone. But I went, bought nice gifts, and put my reservations towards one of the moms aside..... its not about the mom or even about your son, its about the baby! YOUR GRANDCHILD!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Double shower sounds like the best solution. Bear in mind that both these babies will be your grandchildren and try to get along with their mothers.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Throw a double shower.

When I was pregnant, I had a cousin whose baby was due three weeks before mine. My sister threw my cousin a shower, but not me. An aunt finally had one for me three weeks after my baby was born. It was really hard to get over; I'm not sure I ever did completely.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yes, it is VERY tacky. If you want to see your grandchild, I suggest getting over your bitter attitude.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• BTW, I call troll but it's been slow so I'll play along
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Make it a double shower. No need to be bitter towards anyone, babies are coming no matter what and your sons will look to you for acceptance and joy. Don't disappoint!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yes! You should do for both. Do you want to alienate yourself from any grandchildren with this woman? B/C that's where you're headed by playing favorites.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• It is kind of a slap in the face to her. Like her or not she is still your sons girl friend who is carrying your grandchild. You are going to have to move past the 'I don't like her' if you plan to keep your son and your grandchild in your life. Don't alienate her- it will not end well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2013