Help! I need to move somewhere warm

I need to move but I don't know where.

I want somewhere where its warm year round maybe even tropical and reasonably priced. Don't want it to be too small of a town, I like bigger cities.

I know that that doesn't leave very many places to choose from but maybe there is somewhere I'm not thinking of. Also I would like to hear opinions from people who actually live in these places and why they like or maybe don't like it.

Thank you so much in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Travel

• I have lived in Miami, Florida most of my life, it is now a big city full of wonderful friendly people who make you feel welcome...it has it 's bad neighborhoods like everywhere else, and the weather is tropical year round...never have I been involved in any type of violent act or theft.....it is all in where you reside and who your friends are.........I am a beach lover, having the beach 30 minutes away from me is a blessing of sorts, this is where I go to clear my thoughts and enjoy one of the most wonderful beaches around, South Beach is my favorite, and has been for over 50 years...

Answer by older at 3:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• make that 20 minutes away from the beach....

• First thought that came to mind was Florida. I love St. Augustine, FL. What is your occupation? Would you be able to transfer there(or other places that you are looking at) with your job? Or would you have to find a new company/job/occupation? After you get a few suggestions and do some research, I would visit these places before making any serious decisions. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I've lived in Pensacola , loved it.
    Spent a lot of summers in Panama City beach
    Lived in San Diego- would kill to move back. There's so much to do there. It is really one of those places that has it all.
    Anonymous

• Jacksonville and Gainesville are tropical-y as well.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I moved from freezing Illinois to Las Vegas Nevada in 2005. It's warm here, and it's cheap to live. Difficult to find a job though, if you don't already have one.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Oh, and it's pretty with mountains all around. As far as the warmth goes though, summer is HOT. Hot, hot. Really hot.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• San Diego is warm pretty much all year (we did just have a real cold snap this month where nighttime temps dropped into the teens and 20s but that's unusual). It's NOT cheap, though.

I liked Tampa when I did some work there years ago, and it was very inexpensive. If not for the hurricane evacuation route signs I saw on the roadways I wouldn't mind living there. Hurricanes scare me!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I love southern California, but the areas I like are expensive.
    princesskt

Answer by princesskt at 12:50 AM on May. 1, 2013